A lot of people are asking me lately what will happen if they don't clean their houses regularly. The answer is very simple – you will live in a filthy and germ-friendly place which will make you miserable, depressed and might cause you a health problem. You will practically endanger your health and life.
Housecleaning is the essence of healthy living. You don't only have to eat healthy food, do sports, and sleep 8 hours a night to be healthy. You must also take care of your living environment, you must clean regularly.
What chores should this regular maintenance include? Here is a short list from a professional cleaner London:
- Vacuum every day. Carpets, rugs, and upholstery furniture accumulate a lot of domestic dust and dirt, and have to be cleaned even if they look clean. It is also very important to vacuum under the cushions of sofas and arm-chairs, as these areas are quite germ-friendly.
- Don't let mould grow in your place – it is one of the main causes of allergies, skin irritations and respiratory problems. Treat it with a home-made solution of vinegar, salt and eucalyptus essential oil, as soon as you spot it in your place. Deep cleaning services providers also recommend that you aerate your home regularly, as fresh air helps in the fight against mould.
- If you have humidifiers, de-humidifiers or air-conditioners at home, clean them and their filters every week. The filters of these appliances hold a lot of dust, and when they get too stuck with it, they start blowing it back into the air.
- Clean the filter of your vacuum cleaner every time you finish vacuuming.
Just like the filters of air-conditioners and humidifiers, this filter also gets stuck with dust after a while and the appliance starts blowing it back into the air.
- Dust your furniture using a damp cloth every day. Don't dust with a feather duster, as these tools only push the dust in the air.
- Don't walk around your house with your shoes, in order not to bring in dirt and bacteria from outside.
- Clean carpet and upholstery stains as soon as they happen or you spot them. The longer they stay, the more dirt they attract.
- Clean your toilet and bathroom every week.
- Clean your kitchen appliances and wash your dishes as soon as you finish using them. Just like carpet and upholstery stains, the grease and cooked-on food stains you leave on your cooker or plates also attracts dirt.
- Clean your windows at least once a month. The more sunlight gets into your house, the healthier the environment.
So, follow these tips if you want to live a healthy and joyful life, and in a spotless home.